« Back to work.

Triumph Motorcycles.

Tag Manager Event Tracking, User Testing, Research Work, New Responsive Site Selector / Varying Timelines.

As part of a retainer with the client we regularly research and investigate areas of improvement. One such area was the tagging of a key service that users where interacting with. When configuring a bike the event tracking was not specific and granular enough. In order to make the data collected more valuable I moved tracking to Google Tag Manager and utilised more of the available data to allow for better reporting in Analytics. The bike model, colour and accessory counts helped to highlight usage. I added tracking to several key region sites such as USA, Germany, Japan and more so that reporting could be expanded in wider regions.

I researched, wireframed and designed a new site selector. This site selector moved from the footer, to the header of the site to provide a more prominant visual to this key site feature. I also improved the usability of the selector itself by offering visual clues to users to make changing site and language easier for users. The mobile solution uses more layers of navigation but the format is more future proof, allowing for new site creation and additional language formats to be added.

Triumph site selector Triumph site selector on mobile

User testing took place on elements of the navigation as it was felt that the information architecture of the site could be overly complex. Finding tyre advice for example was more difficult than it needed to be.

I also worked on the Dealer section of the site, analysing the current performance via data from Analytics and from Hotjar videos anf heatmaps. I also provided a UX review of the current service and from here I made quick fix and long term improvement suggestions. This report of findings was presented to the client and we look to begin work on a new, more intuitive solution soon.